PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Threw my electric away years ago. I also shave my head, and both get done every two days. Takes about 10 min for both. I use Nivea sensitive cream, shave my head first, while the cream sits on my face and softens it up nicely. I use blades from dollarshaveclub.com, which is an excellent deal for some decent razors delivered once a month for about $7. Then a squirt of lubriderm 3 in 1 lotion to sooth.
My dad was a wet shave when I was a kid, went electric for almost 20 years.....then back to wet....swears by it as well...
Warren

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
When time gets tight, as with young kids or a medical situation in the home, electric razors can save

time. I much prefer a wet shave, much closer, but it takes about twice as long -- not a lot of time, but

too much under some situations.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I use a Solingen straight blade I have had 20+ years and I also have a couple of those straight razors that you snap a razor blade in half and put in the holder. They are pretty good if you are just starting out and are handy for travel as it obviates the need to carry a strop etc.

unholy1

Might Stick Around
May 4, 2014
I used to use a multi-blade razor, but it always produced irritation. Switched to an electric razor and it went away. I would never go back. FYI: My first electric was a Remmington and my second was a Norelco. My last two have been Brauns. The Brauns have worked flawlessly and are well crafted.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Electric-what?
csQ0jvO.jpg

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
Italian tallow based soap, German steel and a Portuguese brush beat any electrical shaver into a cocked hat for me!

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I find for electrics foil ones beat the 3 rotating heads by a mile if you have a coarse beard. In the time it takes to get a good shave though with it you could of had a faster wet shave. I have one that I use once in a while for emergencies. I like the mach 3 for a wet shave and I'm learning to use a straight but it's pretty time consuming so I'll get around to it maybe once a week at the most.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I read this whole thread and now feel like a shaving philistine. While the idea of hobbyist shaving doesn't appeal to me, I can certainly understand it and it's no wonder pipesmokers are generally traditional wet shavers. The hobbies have much in common :) I hate shaving. One day I'll grow a big bodacious beard. But right now I'm too young and pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.