PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Neil68

Lurker
Dec 26, 2023
Latham, NY
I am confused by your setting a temperature and noting a very high humidity reading- they are closely related, and I'd try to normalize around 70º, or whatever temp you keep your house at.
Right now my temp is set for 70. The humidity is at 89. I’ve had it plug in and on since Christmas Day. I have never had one of these before
I figured it out since we have the same one. You have to hold the light button and the Fahrenheit/celcius (however it’s spelled) at the same time for about 3-5 seconds. The humidity will start blinking and you can then set the humidity and once that stops you can then set your temperature. You would think it would be in the directions. I tried contacting the company with no luck so I looked at a couple other models and how they did it. I hope this helps
thank you very much. It worked and now my humidity is dropping. That is awesome thank you.

Reactions: Hdogg

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
And eventually the humidity will even out?
And thank you for the info.
Yes the humidity will eventually even out to 70%. PG stabilizes at 70% and holds at that level on its own. It's very convenient since you don't need to calibrate anything or even have a hygrometer. Unless you want a different humidity level than 70%.

Also, get a calibrated thermometer to double check the actual temperature level and try to maintain 70 degrees.

Reactions: Neil68 and Hdogg

Neil68

Lurker
Dec 26, 2023
Latham, NY
Right now my temp is set for 70. The humidity is at 89. I’ve had it plug in and on since Christmas Day. I have never had one of these before

thank you very much. It worked and now my humidity is dropping. That is awesome thank you.
Does yours drop humidity quick when you open the door? It went from 70 to 55 in the 10 seconds the door was open

badbriar

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 17, 2012
Suncoast Florida by the Beach
Use Boveda pouches and get rid of the water, crystals, PG, cat litter or anything else. The humidity will settle to a perfect level in a few days. No need for a hydrometer when using Bovedas!
I prefer 65% - never over humidified and light well every time with the 65%.
Oh, and forget the BS 70/70 thing. That doesn't work.
BTW - you can recharge crispy Boveda bags by soaking them in water for a few days until they no longer have crystals. I have some that are over a year old and work perfectly.