PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I think I smoked a tin of Royal Yacht the whole night, then finally fresh air
Fresh air? Bah, overrated... compared to smoking Royal Yacht for a month.
But:
I think I smoked a tin of Royal Yacht the whole night
That is impressive. Most of mine last no longer than 24 hours as well. Coffee keeps me awake so I can finish the tin while it is fresh.

samanden

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 11, 2013
Alexandria, VA
Please close this thread. It's just going to get worse. I know how the majority of y'all feel, but I joined this forum to get insight on pipes and pipe tobacco. I mean, the cartoon and caption is benign, but some will take it as an opportunity to show their entire ass.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
"Snowflake" is a term some use to identify those too fragile to deal with the reality of a situation. Like "snowflakes" they can suffer no heat or handling, simply falling apart when life about them doesn't meet their expectations, causes distress, or requires facing up to adversity.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Personally I love elections, my first president I admired was Ronald Reagan and followed his campaign when I was a youngster, this election was a gamechanger, it will go down in history.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Can't we all be adults here? Why the need for the name calling?

I hate to be the one to say it, but, we ARE all adults here. The name calling is embedded in American culture. From playground to nursing home, insults and name calling are as American as waterboarding at this point.

Please close this thread. It's just going to get worse

Yes, it will get worse. Much worse. Then, and only then, will action be taken. I came here for the pipe and tobacco knowledge. I stay for the trainwrecks, and pipe and tobacco knowledge. Hang in there.
Since when is butthurt a term used by adults in conversation? Last I checked, it was bandied about by teens much like "the bomb" or "rad"? I'm not targeting you Beefeater33, as that is a fine looking butthurt report, but I'm really just curious considering the origins of the term.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
"Snowflake" is a fine, descriptive term I think, rather than an epithet. Certainly it can be used with disdain. But, name calling is probably something we should all dial back. Civil discourse requires forethought, name calling is easier for some.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I'm all for having this thread just be about the election being over and us all being somewhat over-wrought and that we all deserve a month of smoking (Royal Yacht). The "no politics" rule is designed to prevent us from thinking each other are evil idiots or whatever the term is these days.
I also suggest, maybe a bit carefully, that this site is someone's livelihood and things like the cartoons are part of that, so maybe we should keep it lighthearted here and if need be, use the groups feature on this site to form political action committees.

Jan 8, 2013
I see absolutely nothing wrong with calling rioters "idiotic rioters" because that is exactly, without a doubt, what they are. Idiotic. Protest is fine. Rioting, destroying property, and violence is not fine.
That being said, I'm so glad the election is over. And maybe a month off to smoke a pipe would do everyone some good.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I have to agree with that one. It's hard for me to find a nice euphemism for rioting because your candidate did not win.
EDIT: For the record, I am not opining whether or not this is the proper venue for discussing rioting. I am simply agreeing with the above statement on its own merits.

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
Can we get back to discussing smoking a full tin of Royal Yacht?

I'm pretty F'ing impressed that anyone smoked a full tin of anything

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
Have you ever seen pipe smokers riot? Bet you haven't.
MAYBE IT'S TIME!

Only if it involves recliners. Smoking a pipe in a recliner is one "Riot" I could really get involved with.

sgtstinky

Lurker
Oct 29, 2016
The last week and the weeks to follow are going to be a train wreck in slow motion. Pack up the bowls, light up, take a seat and watch history unfold, no matter how you feel about the election this is a crossroads for the nation and it is an exciting time.

Status
Not open for further replies.