PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
For burley devotees, it's hard to beat. It also gives you an idea of how some codger blends have lasted so long. jimink's narrative of how he saved the blend has the ring of the super hero.

homesteader

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2019
Speaking of tins, the one on the left I received in 2019. The one on the right is from 2021. The new one still has the same nicotine warning, but it is now a single line of print placed inconspicuously on the back with the other text. I've noticed this on a lot of new tobacco.

EGR tins.jpg

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I've had my first bowl of EGR and was not fond of it. I bought it at the same time as Distinguished Gentleman and thought they'd be similar but much preferred DG. I'll certainly be givign EGR another shot in various pipes.

f4phantomdriver

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 23, 2019
Speaking of tins, the one on the left I received in 2019. The one on the right is from 2021. The new one still has the same nicotine warning, but it is now a single line of print placed inconspicuously on the back with the other text. I've noticed this on a lot of new tobacco.

View attachment 115632
I know my opinion doesn't mean squat, but it is a shame our tobacco companies are forced to ruin the nostalgic beautiful artwork on these vintage comfy looking tubs and pouches. I have no clue why it has to be that big. In the European countries they have those disgusting images of diseased lungs or people acting like they are coughing up blood, I mean, come on. We are adults and understand the risks but these images and the ruined traditional tobacco pouches and tubs are overboard.

RookieGuy80

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2023
Maryland, United States
I know my opinion doesn't mean squat, but it is a shame our tobacco companies are forced to ruin the nostalgic beautiful artwork on these vintage comfy looking tubs and pouches. I have no clue why it has to be that big. In the European countries they have those disgusting images of diseased lungs or people acting like they are coughing up blood, I mean, come on. We are adults and understand the risks but these images and the ruined traditional tobacco pouches and tubs are overboard.
Because it's a way to look like they're doing something without actually doing anything. It's pretty bad, but as long as the blend inside is the same.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I don't think I have ever tried this one. I might pick up a tin when I next swing by Edwards Cigar in Tampa. If I hate it I can always post it on to Jim Inks.

Reactions: JimInks

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I bought my first tin BECAUSE of Jim. I then bought a tub because it's a great smoke!
me too. It's the blend that made me stop buying sample sizes when tubs and bulk are a thing. I smoked the tin so fast I was actually surprised when it was empty. Had a moment of thinking did I spill half of it or did someone steal it?
Codger often goes hand in hand with cheap which this blend is not. The price is comparable to most any premium blend @ 10 bucks for 1.5 ounces or 44 bucks for 12.

Fun Fact: Smokingpipes.com attributes the revival of this blend to Jim Amash aka. Jiminks. It says so right in the description of the stuff! The man, the legend!

• Haha
Reactions: f4phantomdriver

dlbosques

Lurker
Aug 17, 2023
IMG_0160.jpegIMG_0161.jpeg
img_0162-jpeg.240589

I found this at an antique shop a few years ago. Never tried the brand. Not sure if I should ever consider opening this pack though.

Attachments

• IMG_0162.jpeg
    IMG_0162.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 43