PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JSPiper71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
For those living close to Toronto, my local B&M is having an event this Sunday October 30th @1:00pm., where everyone who attends gets to sample a bowl of this ~70 year old tobacco for free. He's having a pipe sale as well, but no pressure to buy. I will be there for a couple hours so please drop by. Would be great to meet my local friends who are active on this forum. Here's a link to the Edgeworth Ready Rub post I made showing us opening the tin last week. As the lucky one who got to smoke the first bowl, believe me, you want to try this!

Event - Sunday October 30th @ 1:00
Cigar Studio
4 Willingdon Blvd, Etobicoke ON
Canada

Andre_T

Dec 17, 2018
Long Island, New York
For those living close to Toronto, my local B&M is having an event this Sunday October 30th @1:00pm., where everyone who attends gets to sample a bowl of this ~70 year old tobacco for free. He's having a pipe sale as well, but no pressure to buy. I will be there for a couple hours so please drop by. Would be great to meet my local friends who are active on this forum. Here's a link to the Edgeworth Ready Rub post I made showing us opening the tin last week. As the lucky one who got to smoke the first bowl, believe me, you want to try this!

Event - Sunday October 30th @ 1:00
Cigar Studio
4 Willingdon Blvd, Etobicoke ON
Canada
It's only a 9 hour drive... If I can't go to the NYCFC match maybe....

Reactions: JSPiper71

JSPiper71

Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
I tried to book a ticket across the Atlantic just for this experience, but I would need a gofundme for that.

Fantastic story and I hope you enjoy your event. Wonder how your own tin is doing!
Now that I've seen what a nicely sealed tin is like, I'm actually worried about mine. There is a lot of shake, rattle and roll inside there when you give it a shake. I'm resided to the fact that the seal's been broken somehow. Only question is, can I rehydrate it to any degree so that it's smokable?? I'm going to open it this weekend. Stay tuned.

J-Evverrett

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 17, 2021
Meriden, CT
Short answer, yes. It can be rehydrated. I typically use the baby formula water from the drug store. It’s distilled, so it won’t encourage mold growth, or impart any flavors. Lay it all out as even as possible on paper and mist it with a clean spray bottle (also available in drug stores). Close it up in a mason jar for a day and check it for humidity. Repeat as necessary. I’ve done this many times with great success.

Reactions: JSPiper71

JSPiper71

Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
Met a bunch of new Pipe Pals at this event. What a treat to smoke this antique tobacco. Also, picked up a nice new Chacom.

Attachments

• Cigar Studio Pipe Studs.jpg
    Cigar Studio Pipe Studs.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 13
  • New Chacom - Cigar Studio Event.jpg
    New Chacom - Cigar Studio Event.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: Kobold and JimInks