PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

moriarty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2012
I don't see why a new member of the forum can't voice strong opinions. Sure, if you don't have a feel for the dynamic of the group you might risk getting a reaction, but if you've got an opinion why should you have to build up your post-count to earn the right to say it? I thought gmpipes' post was a reasonable point of view and nobody was harmed in the posting of it. We can disagree with one another and not take it personally, can't we?

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I have bought more of my pipes from Treasurepipes than any other pipe source. He's terrific to deal with and is always willing to offer advice and brilliant customer service. I've also sold quite a few pipes through him.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
What is going on here is not the correct way to guide the younger crowd. I hope everyone takes this into consideration and mends the way this information is being passed around because it is NOT OK.
As a member of the "younger crowd", I feel compelled to state that sable's brand of guidance is much needed and appreciated.

pauliepiper

Lurker
Feb 8, 2016
Ebay estates pipes is abit like lucky dip. Some you win others you loose.

Ive been dudded on a bundle of 6 pipes. 4 had broken tennons but not mentioned. Another time I got 6 pipes and stand with jar in centre for $60USD and 3 pipes were worth over $150 each and all 6 pipes pre 40's.

Ive even heard the Chinese are copying top end pipes ageing them and ripping off new smokers..if its too good to be true it usually is. With the odd exception of course.

My 5 cents

yorkshirepipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
I agree with most of the above, deception is the wrong doing. Like many others, I've bought pipes for cheap from ebay, tarted them up a bit and sold them again. But I try to be as honest as I can with what I've done, and I do it for the enjoyment rather than the dosh, never make more than a few £ profit, not including materials (amateur indeed eh?). If some-one sells a "restored" pipe but doesn't say exactly what they have done then i'd ask them.
As far as the above ebay sellers are concerned, I probably wouldn't buy from shinypipes based on others experiences. I think it's good to share positive and negatives. I can speak highly of great-estate-pipes though, had a beautiful freehand Nording from them and regularly check for anything else that looks pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.