PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
eBay is down. Apparently the problem started around 6:30 EDT and is worldwide. Gonna be a lot of pissed off people over this one.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Just logged in on it and it seems to be up and running now. Unless of course there are localized areas with some issues yet.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
That does it then. No way am I going to place up my 58 pound stash of Penzance up for bid on eBay!

Off to craigslist...

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
There is no security on the Internet. None. Nowhere. Act accordingly, or have no complaints.

EBay is up, it's down, it's all around. I imagine that they will take extra encryption steps in future, but those will also be breached eventually. There really isn't any kind of permanent solution.

Trailboss, you're correct. The situation is way worse than any of us can imagine. Just the tidbits that I can squeeze out of my security contacts are enough to scare the hell out of me. The Internet is the biggest Trojan Horse in the history of the world and our entire infrastructure is tied to it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Agree with sablebrush. Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean the net isn't hiding under the bed. It's

way intrusive. The so-called social media has deeply antisocial tendencies. Even the legal harvesting of

data is a dangerous attack on privacy. It's not the government anymore. The enemy is us, as Pogo sagely

observed.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
It would have been nice if they had put something up on their main page. I jacked around with my desktop and phone app version before deciding to "Contact" them and saw the link for the issue, buried in that area.
I was in full snipe mode a few minutes ago, successfully! (whew....)

Status
Not open for further replies.