PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishfly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2014
Dubuque, Iowa
Of course feedback is marked private, (probably because of negative feedback from the bid retractions).
What exactly is "private" in regards to feedback. Is that something a bidder can initiate or is it something e-bay initiates?
Would it be possible for a seller to block bids from bidders with "private" feedback?

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
fishfly, Individuals can select to make their feedback score private. An eBay member who chooses to make their feedback score private cannot sell on eBay. I cannot remember if there are other restrictions on such eBay members.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
If you click on the coded name it will take you to the bid history and for some reason the individuals feedback score shows up there even if they have made it private.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
I called in and spoke to a very nice lady who after taking my complaint, left momentarily, returned and assured me they have very expensive programs in place to catch any inappropriate bidding going on. hmmmmmmmmmm!

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Just to clarify a few things from some of the replies above from those who have not sold on eBay before.
An eBay seller cannot leave negative feedback for a buyer. The was changed about five years ago (maybe longer), after a large number of sellers were using negative feedback as retaliation against buyers who left the seller negative feedback. Or, would tell the buyer of a defective item that if they leave negative feedback then he/she will do the same. A lot of buyers would not leave negative feedback for a bad seller in order to keep from getting negative feedback themselves. So, a seller cannot leave negative feedback for anything no matter how much the buyer deserves it. Having said that, I like the rule myself because it weeded out a lot of sellers who were threatening buyers with negative feedback after selling them not as described items.
Pipestud

kapster13

Lurker
Mar 20, 2011
I SPENT SEVERAL HOURS ON THE PHONE THIS MORNING WITH EBAY. I FINALLY GOT TO THE MOBILE PHONE APPLICATIONS TEAM AND THEY DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THE PROBLEM. I ALSO JUST FOUND OUT TODAY ABOUT THE PROBLEM. THEY SAID THEIR IS A GLITCH IN THE APP AND THEY WILL HAVE TO RESEARCH TO SEE WHAT IS CAUSING THE PROBLEM. WHEN THEY FIGURE IT OUT THEY WILL REPROGRAM IT BUT IT WILL NOT GET FIXED UNTIL THE MOBILE PHONES GET AN UPDATE WHICH COULD BE A MONTH OR LONGER. THE RETRACTIONS ARE NOT REAL AND ONLY SHOW UP ON MOBILE PHONES. IT STARTED WITH ANDROID BUT THEY THINK IT HAS SPEAD TO APPLE NOW. AS A SELLER ON EBAY FOR 20 YEARS, I CAN TELL YOU THAT MOST SELLERS ARE HONEST IN THE PIPE CATAGORY IF THEY ARE A FREQUENT SELLER.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Thanks Ken, that was me who messaged you about issue. I had called ebay twice about this, but I hoped if they heard from a seller, perhaps they would take that more seriously. At least you rec'd a message back.

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
Where the hell are these bid retractors when i throw $10 bucks at something I dont need or really want but could resell for $20. I cant even blame retracted bids when that happens.

mranglophile

Can't Leave
May 11, 2015
United States
After spending a few house payments worth of pipes the last few years on ebay this really freaked me out. I dont have a smartphone and often leave max bids hours before the auction ends and now I am really regretting that. I guess I will have to learn to snipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.