PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
It's interesting to see how things can go full circle. As a child, I received a 1975 Wham O Moonlighter glow in the dark Frisbee for my first birthday and played with it into the early '90s when it was lost in a move. My youngest daughter decided with the weather shaking off Winter's chill she would like to try playing Frisbee so I bought her one and we spent much of the weekend tossing it back and forth. That's when I remembered my old Moonlighter. With only a bit of hope as I though it unlikely, I searched eBay for a replacement and sure enough I found one, unused, and less expensive than the one I bought for my daughter. Looks like it could stand a bath to wash away time, but otherwise it's pristine.

s-l400-15.jpg

Has anyone else relived happy childhood memories because of eBay?

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
It's interesting to see how things can go full circle. As a child, I received a 1975 Wham O Moonlighter glow in the dark Frisbee for my first birthday and played with it into the early '90s when it was lost in a move. My youngest daughter decided with the weather shaking off Winter's chill she would like to try playing Frisbee so I bought her one and we spent much of the weekend tossing it back and forth. That's when I remembered my old Moonlighter. With only a bit of hope as I though it unlikely, I searched eBay for a replacement and sure enough I found one, unused, and less expensive than the one I bought for my daughter. Looks like it could stand a bath to wash away time, but otherwise it's pristine.

View attachment 73764

Has anyone else relived happy childhood memories because of eBay?
Holy shit I had one of those too

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've had a few frisbees, but I never had a Moonlighter. The name makes me wonder, does this one glow in the dark? Or is it just supposed to be more visible in low light? I guess I'm just an overly curious person, but it piques my interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.