Easy Margarita Recipe With At Home Item?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt a craving for Margarita so I went out and got some supply. However I feel the weakest link in my Margarita is the ready made mix from Jose Cuervo which tastes artificial. So what could be a very sweet Margarita recipe with what I have at home?

I have

1. Patron Tequila
2. Cointreau
3. Lime
4. Angostura Orange Bitter
5. Angostura Bitter
6. Sugar
7. Salt
8. Jose Cuervo Margarita mix which I don’t want to use

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
If you're a purist you only use tequila, fresh lime juice and a bit of simple syrup to taste. Next level calls for Cointreau or Grand Marnier, which gives the fruitier version of the cocktail. Any bottled or powdered mixes belong in the trash in my opinion.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I love tequila, and a lot of other alcohol too, but years ago we used to make margaritas in the blender with ice and using only 1 small can of frozen limeade concentrate, then fill the can with tequila and finally fill it with beer. Usually a regular beer, not a dark beer. Now I don't see the small cans of limeade concentrate anymore just large ones. So you'd have to use the large can and use half of it, then measure out equal amounts of tequila and beer. Or you could just drink the tequila and have some lime wedges and salt. (my preferred method) ?

I made the first batch!

3 shots of Tequila
1.75 shots of Cointreau
1 shot of simple syrup
Juice of one lime

It made 11.5 ounces of drink. It is now chilling in the fridge. I will drink it on the rocks later. I don’t think my wife (who does not drink) will allow me to make a frozen Margarita in the blender!

Waiting with anticipation, thank you @troutface @agnosticpipeB5D74D3C-3E0C-47ED-B698-C958EBCBB5DE.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.