PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickinpaul

Lurker
Nov 26, 2012
Looking for like minded individuals in Eastern North Carolina to help teach and mentor the younger folks. I looked through all other posts and havent seen one for Eastern North Carolina so if there is one any can think of please let me know. Thank you.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
You are close to Low Country Pipe and Cigar in Little River, SC, the B&M for smokingpipes.com. Low Country P & C
The staff there are as helpful and they are knowledgeable and you simply cannot find a store with a better stock. They'll let you try a sample of anything you like, including a wide selection of open tins.
A visit there would be very useful.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I live in Goldsboro, NC
You lucky son of a gun. That means you're about 30 minutes away from some of the finest food on the planet -- Parker's, Mitchell's... And Wilber's is in your own backyard -- almost forgot about them. The fates have smiled on you, pipedisciple.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
TAPS pipe show at the N.C. State Fairgrounds tomorrow, at the Martin Bldg. between Trinity Road and the grandstand, north side of Fairgrounds.

Also, ongoing, Pipes by George in Raleigh on Hillsborough Street near NCSU campus, and Tinder Box at Crabtree Valley Mall which has just moved

into a larger retail space at the mall. At both the pipe show just mentioned and at the N.C. State Fair in October, there is pipe carver and repairman

Jerry Perry; he's from Colfax, nearer Greensboro, but gets to Raleigh twice a year. There is a pipe shop or shops in Cary that I am just learning about.

Plenty to work with, at least as far east as Raleigh. Seems as if the Greenville area or the N.C. coast could sustain a pipe shop, or at least a pipe

section in a gift shop (or some such) but I don't know of any. Pipes have a long seagoing tradition and belong at the fishing piers and fish houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.