PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryszard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2019
Europe
1617801862195.jpg
During an Easter visit to the southern part of my country, I stumbled upon a small rural tobacconist with a relatively wide selection.
It's extremely rare to find more than a few gas-station aromatics in my country, so this felt like paradise to me...puffy

Does anyone have any experience with these tobaccos?

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Not knowing which is your country doesn't help :P

The labels are in German, Germany has an abundance of great pipe tobacco readily available online. I don't know about Austria. Other than that I imagine Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia may have German-imported tobacco, but still the warning labels would be updated to the local language wouldn't they?

I haven't tried any of these.

Ryszard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2019
Europe
Not knowing which is your country doesn't help :P

The labels are in German, Germany has an abundance of great pipe tobacco readily available online. I don't know about Austria. Other than that I imagine Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia may have German-imported tobacco, but still the warning labels would be updated to the local language wouldn't they?

I haven't tried any of these.
Austria, unfortunately, where we are limited to the run-of-the-mill aromatics the government deems smokeable for us. Internet orders being banned altogether and all... cray It's quite hard these days to acquire quality pipe tobacco over here, usually I'd travel to Germany once a month but all the borders are closed... thank God for my cellar! puffy

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I recognize about half of those blends -- Peterson and Rattray, for example. They're good premium blends, though I don't happen to have smoked those particular ones. Looks like you hit a vein of gold. Congratulations.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
View attachment 74110
During an Easter visit to the southern part of my country, I stumbled upon a small rural tobacconist with a relatively wide selection.
It's extremely rare to find more than a few gas-station aromatics in my country, so this felt like paradise to me...puffy

Does anyone have any experience with these tobaccos?
just one University Flake. That one changed pipes for me. And it's one I always enjoy. It literally got me into more tobacco forward blends. Yes it's got a topping but it's not the kind you put on the tin. I love the inclusion of the Indian leaf in it too (as in from India) it's very condimental but it adds a very nice hint to the blend. There is also a strange buttery quality to it too. Otherwise never had any of the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.