PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2011
Has anyone tried this? E. Hoffman Company: Distinguished Gentleman

The tin description sounds good:
"An elegant & captivation pipe tobacco comprised of select choice leaf, gently fragrant with an intoxicating aroma. The taste and aroma preferred by men of distinction."
:puffpipe:

pappy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2011
Opps.. that was the website description. This is the tin description.
"An elegant & captivating pipe tobacco comprised of select choice leaf (Burley, Virginia, Black Cavendish and Cyprian Latakia), gently fragrant with an intoxicating aroma. A classic crossover tobacco blended to satisfy the smoker while pleasing those around them."

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I've had Spilman's Mixture and really enjoyed it. I'd call it a middle English blend so I wonder if this new one is a bit milder. Guess there's only one way to find out.

flanative

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2010
The Cigars are excellent. Looks like another pipe blend to try. From here on out YOU people will be receiving all blame for my expenditures!

pappy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2011
Well... looks like I'm gonna have to take one for the team. :roll: I'm gonna look for some locally today. If I can't find any I'll order it. I'll post a review after I've had a chance to get to know the distinguished gentleman.

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
Ive' had some Spilman's Mixture around here for some time now, and enjoy a bowl from time to time. I'll have to try some of this new stuff.

As for their cigars, I ordered several Short Perfectos and couldn't smoke them. They were all wrapped too tight. I just threw them in the trash.

pappy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2011
Papipeguy: That is who I ordered it from, but it is also available from smokingpipes.com. Price is reasonable even with shipping. I hope to have it soon.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
I've been smoking Spilman's Mixture for years.

This new one does sound interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.