PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Big Head

Lurker
Aug 29, 2022
Upstate New York - Southern Tier
The Dunhill Christmas Pipes series based on the Nutcracker ended with Christmas 2022.

I have not seen or heard what Dunhill plans to do (if anything) for Christmas 2023. It looks like the Dunhill Web site has not been updated since 2022. Does anyone have any current information?

I have done multiple Web searches w/ nothing concrete. One site claiming to offer a 2023 Dunhill Christmas pipe but it does not look like an official designation by Dunhill.

Big Head

Lurker
Aug 29, 2022
Thank you snagstangl and HawekeyeLinus for your help.

I found this Web site, too, I was sort of suspicious - not because of GQ Tobaccos (I have bought from this purveyor before without incident) - but because there are no markings on either the pipe or its case as to identifying it as an exclusive Christmas pipe.

Based on the Web site, it looks like there are 64 issues of this Liverpool-shaped pipe available in a variety of finishes. I guess there is a paper certificate indicating the exact issue number, too. But nothing to indicate its Christmas status.

My concern is how does one distinguish in the future whether the pipe would be an ordinary Dunhill Liverpool pipe or a special Christmas one?

By the way, if it came w/ some of RC's thinner curtain hair, I would be OK; but grossed out if it were RC's thicker rug hair. White Christmas is a favorite of mine.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
The Dunhill Christmas Pipes series based on the Nutcracker ended with Christmas 2022.

I have not seen or heard what Dunhill plans to do (if anything) for Christmas 2023. It looks like the Dunhill Web site has not been updated since 2022. Does anyone have any current information?

I have done multiple Web searches w/ nothing concrete. One site claiming to offer a 2023 Dunhill Christmas pipe but it does not look like an official designation by Dunhill.
Just noticed this, a seven year set (starting this Christmas).
£2,500! Lol
IMG_4848.jpeg

Big Head

Lurker
Aug 29, 2022
Thank you for your assistance, Brother simong. It is exactly what I was seeking.

Unfortunately, Dunhill is asking too heavy a price tag for my tastes. Egads, listed at GQ Tobaccos for $3380.

Apparently, the hefty price is due to the damper. The pipe tamper is 67 mm long and crafted from solid Sterling Silver. It is a statue of the Happy Prince and embellished with 2 Sapphires (for the eyes) and one ruby (set into the sword hilt).

Even if I had that kind of coin to spend, my conscious would be served by donating that amount to needy families during the holidays.