PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarlet claw

Can't Leave
Mar 9, 2020
What would you pay for this. Looks like a generic stem. large crack.s-l1600.jpgs-l16001.jpgs-l16003.jpg
Dunhill Shell Briar 120 F/T 4s

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
If I could get it for $30, I’d be happy to mess around with repairs. 120s are pretty cool. I’m watching that one too. I wouldn’t be surprised to see it go for $80+.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and BROBS

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Sheesh I paid 8.00 at an antique store for one in about that condition.

But I'd be happy under 30, but knowing that it will just be a learning experience on fixing it up, and won't be worth anything when I'm done. I specifically look for pipes like that to fix up for fun.

Umberto

Lurker
Apr 11, 2020
Dunhill pipes are just pipes...They are expensive and have rather thin walls. I'd rather smoke 10 Rossis for the price of one Dunhill :)

Remember Kaywoodie,Dr. Graybow...Yellow Bole...equally quality briar of the day...Dunhill had unique stem profiles and shapes...that's about it...A pipe is a pipe to some degree.

Vintage Dunhills were a lifestyle brand, like modern day Davidoff products...if you are educated about what you actually buy you will find these hucksters need to eat grow or more politely eat poop.

Umberto

Lurker
Apr 11, 2020
Could you get beautiful women smoking that tree in the pipe for a calendar? I think that's a good way to market to new pipers. Who is that Eileen and why is she in my dream smoking a conifer out of a pipe?

• Haha
Reactions: BROBS

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Could you get beautiful women smoking that tree in the pipe for a calendar? I think that's a good way to market to new pipers.
That would wreck my image of pipe smoking worse than calling a pipe smoker a piper. Finally got a Yixing pot for that tree. Being out during the winter destroyed the pipe.

oldguyoldpipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 20, 2019
That's way to big a crack even for me. I've rolled the dice on some cracked pipes and gotten lucky as they are all still smokers (but I don't push them), but the condition of this one cries out for a low price and a good repair. What year is it?

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
I'd not pay for a pipe of this condition. But pics like these always make me wonder about the cause of such cracks...

Status
Not open for further replies.