PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Good question Kevin.

"Are you pissed about past unavailability of Dunhill tobaccos and refuse to buy them when they come back, or you can't wait to get your hands on some?"
There are some great bulk blends that are attempts at cloning the Dunhill taste, but just don't quite cut the mustard. And, as I'm not fully versed on the reasons that prompted the decision to pull Dunhill tobaccos from the US market, I will not hold that decision against them.
I for one will celebrate the return of those classics to the US market.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I hold no such grudges and am simply looking forward to some of my old favourites coming back into rotation. I just hope they dont go directly to the endangered species list due to the overbuying and hoarding mentality that has lead to the the scarcity of many other of my favourites.

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
I've only smoked Nightcap but if funds are available I will order a tin of every flavor. With any luck, I'll have time to discover something I really like and order more before stock is gone.
I have not kept up with the Dunhill Drama and hold no grudges. However, I do wonder if the increase in competitive blends has diminsihed market share for Dunhill and they are now making efforts to get back what they can. Highly speculative on my part because I'd guess that pipe tobacco makes up a small part of the whole global tobacco market.

Anyone in the know?

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Never was a big fan of the old blends. I may try the new production once the feeding frenzy abates.

nameshy

Lurker
Apr 20, 2010
Even if the new stock turns out to be even better than in the past, I dread having to read all the whining for the next ten years about how it can't compare to the originals.

laearl

Lurker
Oct 12, 2010
Lower Alabama
I am just ready to try it. I have had the Altidas 965 match and it is not bad. So if the new stuff is better then it is pure win to me.
My B&M doesn't stock much in the way of pipe tobacco, bulk blends mainly, as they are a cigar outfit. I have been trying to get them to order tinned tobacs but they are resisting. I raised the eyebrow of the owner when I stated that Dunhill was being reintroduced by CAO very soon. Maybe he will purchase some *crosses fingers*

Status
Not open for further replies.