PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

onizuka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2010
Thanks for posting the review.
Since I'm still new to smoking, would you say this is a savory mixture?

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
would you say this is a savory mixture?
I normally don't label tobacco like that. If I had to use that type of label, I would apply it the same way that I do on food. So yes, I would call it a savory mixture.
(That was a pretty long yes :lol: )

onizuka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2010
Haha, awesome. The only reason I asked is because you said it had hints of BBQ. Right now all my pallet is capable of is tasting the aromatics. I can't wait to try some English blends.

searock

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2010
It's been so long I don't remember when I first tried 965, but it was probably in the 60s. I have always thought it an excellent English blend. It's simple to find out if you like a blend without trying to figure it out from reviews. Buy a can and smoke it...

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Hey Bob,
I am assuming this is from the new blender. Did you ever try it from the previous blender? Any changes? It was great before and sounds good now.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
:worship: Great review as always Bob.

For a very long time, since my days as a pipe smoking novice, I considered 965 to be the epitome/pinnacle of pipe tobaccos. The better half doesn't appreciate that marvelous room note that only 965 can impart. I can walk into a room and know instantly that someone has been smoking that wonderful stuff.

In fact I enjoyed it so much, that I set all of my luggage locks and other 3 number combination locks to 9-6-5....

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.