PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I am rather fond of FVF, but usually mix it with a strong Burley to dampen the sweetness and shore up the glorious Nicotine.

S

sunriseboy

Further to the DF; I've let these sit for a few months and it has made a galaxy of difference. One of my favourites. And thank you for the suggestions of various flakes etc., I have a couple of them and will be aiming to see if I can land some more here in Oz. However, Customs have got more trained dogs and extra xray machines busy on the job so am finding it very difficult to land anything. Lost three orders this last month. Not good news.
Lee Van Cleef suggested Reiner Long Golden Flake. Well, I really, really, want to like stuff with Perique in it, but I am now very gun-shy, after getting suckered into 16 ozs of Fillmore!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
In my experience Dunhill Flake tastes pretty darn good with only a year of age on it, add 3 more and it is sublime. The longer it ages the blacker the tobacco gets and flavors like stewed prunes, raisins and caramel come forth.
I have tried to like Reiner Golden but the white burly in it makes it taste weird. I have a tin aging to see if that flavor gets lost in the aging process. If you are searching for a vaper I would go with the following over the Reiner.

Escudo

Samuel Gawith St James Flake

Solani 633

Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls. I know everyone thinks this is the same as Escudo, but I taste more sweetness and less peppery notes with the Dunhill than I do with Escudo. The discs are also a different size.

Status
Not open for further replies.