PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
I've had the EM match and it was decent. Too many other va/pers out there more deserving of my time. Don't think I'll buy any of the Dunhill original to convince myself otherwise.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I don't find that perique necessarily adds 'spice' but rather dampens or softens the acidity (I think) of a Virginia, which can have a spicy impact all on its own
I agree. It also has a flavor like fermented fruit (raisins, figs) which has a pepperiness to it.

dkaye201

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2016
I'm not a big fan of EM. To me it's kind of dull. There's not much complexity, and I find the blend boring. I do love the rest of the Dunhill line, so I think I'll put this away for a few years and see if it, or I change.

dkaye201

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2016
I'm not a big fan of EM. To me it's kind of dull. There's not much complexity, and I find the blend boring. I do love the rest of the Dunhill line, so I think I'll put this away for a few years and see if it, or I change.

halfy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2014
I found it charming after 1 year of jarring. It develops towards a rich and flavorful direction. Better go with a deep bent pipe. And I believe its potential is yet not fully seen.
Most dunhill blends are quite different (better) by jarring.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
As VA-Pers go EM is on the bland, monotone side. Very cigarettish. Maybe long-term jarring would kick it up a notch, but inasmuch as DNR is already up several notches on the same scale, I have no need for EM.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture could be an all day smoke, except for the price. There are better and more inexpensive bulk VaPers available. For example: C&D Bayou Morning and C&D Exclusive.
Deathmetal is right, Elizabethan does not exhibit the pepper punch of either Bayou Morning or Exclusive. Elizabethan does not have the cloying insipid sweetness of others that are more raisin/plum/prune.
Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture is just right for me.

codecreatively

Can't Leave
Sep 17, 2014
Dunhill EM is like comfort food to me. It was the first pipe tobacco I ever bought, and it always brings back that sense of nostalgia. If I had to pick just one blend for the rest of my life, EM would be it. It doesn't wow the palette, but it's consistently good, burns easily and you know what you're getting every time.

mistersea

Lurker
Jul 8, 2016
I'll cast my opinion along side codecreatively. EM is a blend that I always want on hand. So much so that I have dedicated a single pipe to it, not for its complexity, but more so that it is a blend that is very special to me. Its funny how a tin can carry so much weight on ones life, long after the original contents have gone up in smoke.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
It's been several years since I've tried EM. After all this, I think another try is in order. I know I have a tin that's been sitting for quite a while someplace... will have to dig it up.

grue

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2016
I've been smoking this for the last few days. As mentioned above it is not mindblowing but I find it a very pleasant and easy smoking experience while working. Also I love the aftertaste and room note. Nice tobacco. :)

tobaccojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2016
USA
EM is one of my go-to VaPers and I enjoy the nuance it gives to a smoke. I will say that I've found 3-years-plus age on a tin does WONDERS. I'm stashing some away to open after 5/10/15 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.