PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

damacene

Lurker
Jul 31, 2022
This is my all time favorite blend. Mcconnell's Oriental Square is the closest I've gotten to it. Its a little less balanced, but I kinda like the extra latakia. While a completely different animal, mcconnell's "mature" is another good one if you want some unique orientals.

Reactions: mingc

jdb67

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 18, 2020
Albuquerque, NM
I was under the impression that C&D Rajah's Court was supposed to be in the same ballpark as Durbar. I like Rajah's Court, but have also not ever had Durbar to compare so no idea how close they really are.

Reactions: Stah

Terry Lennox

Can't Leave
Aug 11, 2021
Southern California
If it was a 2009 tin then it was an STG product, not Murray's. I have some 2016 tins. It is the best Dunhill English in my opinion. Oriental forward and a light touch on the Latakia (though more Lat than EMP). I would call it fragrant and mellow. Not as bitter on the finish as 965 or Nightcap. Great stuff. Too bad the Peterson branded era did not include Durbar. You don't see a lot of it for sale on the secondary market either. I guess people hold onto this one.

Reactions: ram74
Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I recently received a tin, potentially from 2001, from another forum member via a trade. I plan on opening it tonight to share with a friend who is a big fan of this blend and Dunhill blends in general. It should be interesting.

Reactions: shermnatman

Terry Lennox

Can't Leave
Aug 11, 2021
Southern California
Pipestud had a five pack of this from 2017 for $95 this morning.
Sold right away obviously.
That is a bargain price. Not sure why so cheap. I predict this was a good investment.

Reactions: kola

camaguey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 25, 2021
west indies
As far as i can remenber , this mixture was made by dunhill since 1912. I think it was discontinued in the 60's. After that it was available as mixture #1066 in dunhill stores but only in bulk , not with the durbar name. Then it was one of the last mixtures made by Murray's at the end of dunhills made by Murray's. After the change for STG it was discontinued again. Chances are that people who smoked the original by dunhill are not on this forum any more. Probably your mixture is from Murray's or 1066 from the dunhill store.

Reactions: kola

camaguey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 25, 2021
west indies
In my opinion , it was the better achieved mixture of the Murray's dunhill's. Much better after 5 or 6 years of storage. It was distributed by Lane.