PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DotAndBang’sPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2016
Orlando, FL
Tonight I finally got the chance to try these blends back to back in my trusty Altinok Meer. I can’t say I could pick a favorite of the two. I can say that I agree with the many reviews on Tobacco Reviews that Dunbar has a deeper creamier quality to it with the high notes of the Dorchester singing. I also feel that their fruity essences are a tad different, just not sure how. Curious if anyone here has a standout favorite between these two.

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
I definitely prefer Dunbar, but I couldn't really tell you why. For me, it somehow hits the spot and satisfies in a way that Dorchester just doesn't.

subsalac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 9, 2018
I've only had Dorchester but I will stop by purely to say that the topping reminds me a hint of the Grousemoor topping, but far milder of course. The only issue is the last time I've had Grousemoor was something like 13 years ago. Any care to confirm or deny this observation?

zion

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 5, 2019
I've only had Dorchester but I will stop by purely to say that the topping reminds me a hint of the Grousemoor topping, but far milder of course. The only issue is the last time I've had Grousemoor was something like 13 years ago. Any care to confirm or deny this observation?
Having both currently in rotation, I haven’t made a connection. But I‘ll now have a closer look. I do smoke them in very different sized pipes which has huge impacts. I’ll try them in the same vessel soon and see what I find.

subsalac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 9, 2018
Having both currently in rotation, I haven’t made a connection. But I‘ll now have a closer look. I do smoke them in very different sized pipes which has huge impacts. I’ll try them in the same vessel soon and see what I find.

If it helps, specifically the "lemongrassy" type of topping, I find is present in Dorchester if I look hard, and is very heavily present in Grousemoor but that's purely from memory. Looking forward to your findings :)

Status
Not open for further replies.