PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I was inspired to thoroughly clean my sweetest smoking pipe, a curved Thomas Cristiano with a wide sort of flat bowl, but when I went to insert the mouthpiece into the mortise, the tenon broke in half, leaving half flush with the base of the mouthpiece. No way to get that sucker out. It was all clean and happy, and I didn't want to lose my sweetest smoking pipe (I only have six, and one's ceramic and one's really cheap briar), so I aligned the mouthpiece with the mortise and DUCT TAPED the sucker back together. It's not pretty, but it smokes just fine.
It had a silver band before, now it has a duct tape silver band. If it's stupid but it works, it ain't stupid. And with a bouquet of flowers and a roll of duct tape, I can fix anything!!

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
A funny little story from Cajun country that includes duct tape:
Thibodaux woke up one morning, grabbed some coffee, and headed outside for his day's work only to find his best friend Boudreaux hog tying a cat into their boat. Thibodaux asks, "Boudreaux, why you putting dat cat in da boat?"
Boudreaux responds, "The voodoo priestess told me if I put da cat in da boat, I gonna bring home lots of catfish."
"Aww, you full of shit, Boudreaux," said Thibodaux. But sure enough, Boudreaux came home with a boat full of catfish.
The next morning, Thibodaux wakes up to find Boudreaux filling the boat's interior with duct tape, shotgun at his side. "Boudreaux, why da hell are you filling da boat wit duck tape? Dey no leaks in dat boat!"
Boudreaux looked up from his work and replied, "The voodoo priestess told me if I fill da boat wit duck tape, I bring home a lot of ducks."
Thibodaux replied, "You full of shit, Boudreaux. You see this time," and stormed off back to the house.
Sure enough, Boudreaux came home with a boat full of ducks. Thibodaux was in complete disbelief.
That night, Boudreaux heard a great rustling outside. Finally, he went outside to investigate the ruckus. It was Thibodaux, standing near the boat, making all the noise. "What you doing Thibodaux?"
"I'm going out for a night on da town, Boudreaux!"
Boudreaux, wide-eyed, replied, "Dats just fine, Thibodaux, but why you fillin' dat boat wit pussy willow?"

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
tbrad, that's good advice; I'll see if there's a drill bit big enough around here somewhere. In the meantime, the duct tape is working just fine :) I don't currently have a way to take pictures, but if my sister comes over, I'll see if I can remember to ask to borrow her iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.