PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

milehighpiper

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2018
Denver, CO
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

I was wondering if there are any currently produced blends that you can smoke and chew? I was reading the history of plug tobacco and how sailors smoked or chewed it depending on their circumstances. Does anyone here have any experience with smoking and chewing a tobacco blend?

Last edited by a moderator:

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
dark twist is pretty interesting as a chew. It's not great that way but makes me think other tobaccos would work. I left my snus at home the other day and only had pipe tobacco I chewed the semios and it was actually pretty good after the first minute. Tasted horrid at first but after a while it had a mildly sweet molassas flavor that I was surprised by and it worked pretty well frankly.

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

I was wondering if there are any currently produced blends that you can smoke and chew? I was reading the history of plug tobacco and how sailors smoked or chewed it depending on their circumstances. Does anyone here have any experience with smoking and chewing a tobacco blend?
Yes, I do have experience :ROFLMAO:

milehighpiper

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2018
Denver, CO
I've heard of people chewing Salty Dogs plug
I am grabbing some Salty Dogs this week and thought of this question specifically because of this plug. I am not a “chewer”, but wondered if any of our delicious pipe products are good “in the lip” and they are “in the pipe”.

Reactions: kcghost
Status
Not open for further replies.