PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seamusjft

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2012
So being as the majority of members are American and this site is directed to the states, are there any drum corps, DCI, DCA fans, members of family of etc etc?

Regrettably I never made it over the pond to march but its still on my bucket List to see finals live!
Edit:Corrected capitalization in title, L.

yaboofive

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2010
I was in Impulse as a SOP player their inaugural year then went into the Air Force (for band)and by the time I was out I had aged out of DCI. I still play every now and then and hope to join a senior core some day. I had a blast and would love to live that world again. the finals are a must, I hope you make it out to one some day.

seamusjft

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2012
Apologies jud I love a good pipe band. Particularly the snare drum although im not a percussionist. I was once at a workshop lewd by the pipe drum world champ at the time, Jim Kilpatrick. That mans stick skills are awesome!

jbbaldwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2012
I attended finals in 1993 as a spectator. It was fun to see, and I've enjoyed some regional shows over the years, but I'm with Jud - pipe bands, pipe bands!

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Hated marching band in High School, too much like the Service and the uniforms were just plain silly looking, like trying to marry an Army uniform with a Drag Queen outfit. 8O
But boy there some monster players like Mark Zauss and Adam Rapa :worship:

bambam

Can't Leave
Jun 22, 2011
Virginia
I was in the marching band in high school and loved it, wish now though that I would have played the trumpet instead of the tuba. :puffy:

seamusjft

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2012
I played most brass instruments when I marched. My favourite being mellophone which is a forward facing French horn. I'm now teaching my four year old trumpet. He loves it and I hope when he's old enough he'll join a band and enjoy the friendships, healthy competition, travel and fun that I did!

seamusjft

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2012
Nsfisher, yeah I seemed to miss girls with such an ability with a flute! (If you need to ask, watch the movie) lol

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
I played drums in band (starting in 5th grade!) and stuck with it all through high school and college. I ended up playing on the snare line at Marshall for 3 years and was center my senior year.
Definitely lots of fun, especially playing on a college line! It's a whole other experience as compared to high school. We had some fun trips too, (Like going to Florida in December)
I never did DCI or anything, but had many friends that did (and always came back tan and about 50 lbs lighter).

Status
Not open for further replies.