PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

North Pole piper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2021
Rural, Manitoba Canada.
I realize that much. But as I understand it, Pease recreated the blends after the shop ceased operations, and has now created at least two new blends (First Amendment and now Loch Ness). How did he decide to release these under Drucquer instead of GLP? That’s basically what I’m wondering.
I think D&S is only available thru smoking pipes, if that's true, I wonder if they own the name and commission Pease to expand the line? Personally, I think there are far too many blends on the market already.

Reactions: Puffaluffaguss
Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
I shouldn't say I wish they would stop making them. I realize some people like them. But for me, I don't like how it essentially just peels off in uneven layers and chunks. You can't really rub out a crumble cake either, you just end up picking it apart.
I think you are confusing the whole leaf plugs and referring to them as crumble cakes. Crumble cakes are rough or ribbon cut, pressed into a cake and rub out easily. Blends like scarecrow and blockade runner for example are crumble cakes that rub out into an easily packable format vs what I’m assuming you mean like the Spark Plug format.

I like crumble cakes, as well as plugs. I am not sure I like the hockey puck plugs like Salty Dog and Condor as much. But, I guess this is why they make a variety of products.
What I like about the crumble cakes is that I can just break them up with my fingers without having to get out a knife and deal with all of that wasted time slicing and prepping. I know some guys like to fiddle around like that, but smoking is what I do all day long, so I don't get into all of that ritual lighting of candles, incantations, and prepping the beast for sacrifice and such.

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
Sounds like it could be good, if the Latakia is condimental.
This exactly.
Love red VA and oriental, and often like perique, but don't need one more latakia forward blend, like all the others. I don't dislike latakia, it's just got to get out of the way of the other components if a blend hopes to be different enough to deserve a place in the collection.
If I see a JimInks review before it's all bought out, I may order.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
This exactly.
Love red VA and oriental, and often like perique, but don't need one more latakia forward blend, like all the others. I don't dislike latakia, it's just got to get out of the way of the other components if a blend hopes to be different enough to deserve a place in the collection.
If I see a JimInks review before it's all bought out, I may order.
Well, it looks like I won't get it until sometime tomorrow afternoon.