PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Drinking alcohol at all increases the risk of oral cancer, doing it while smoking a pipe, logically, increases it more so. How much so? Almost impossible to accurately say with so many extraneous variables kicking around. But some. A significant amount? Probably...

As has been said many times it has much to do with tissue irritation, which of course is not the only thing that causes cancer, but it certainly helps.

That being said, a pipe with some scotch sure is enjoyable. One of life’s many unfortunate gambles. Risk v. reward etc etc.

Reactions: Bowie and Casual

TinCup

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2019
Indian Ocean
Ugh, water.

I know ?

Naturally I'm curious about it but I've seen too many articles, news reports and even documentaries about water pollution & contamination to risk giving it a try

Perversely I've seen nothing in these same periodicals/programmes to suggest my cider etc might be a bit 'Ugh'

I rest my case m'lud ?

• Haha

docrameous

Can't Leave
May 6, 2019
Colorado
Re: Alcohol - I have come to the opinion that at least with my mouth it seems alcohol makes me more sensitive to tongue bite and burn. So aside from the Seattle Pipe club article on this subject, I rarely drink alcohol while smoking. I do though on occasion have a scotch with a vaper. I love the combo.

Additionally, I have stopped using Listerene - the alcohol version. It just seems particularly if I am smoking a lot that it is very hard on my mouth. I am starting to experiment with the non alcohol version of Listerine and am going to pick up a bottle of Biotene.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
For several years I was exposed to second hand smoke. From a BBQ restaurant. I was the Pit Master for 4.5 years and was subjected daily to the smoke. I actually learned to breathe it a bit. Not a good thing, but you press on.
As for drinking whilst smoking, yes I do. Mostly, non alcoholic drinks but sometimes yes.

Reactions: Bowie
Status
Not open for further replies.