PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

macfeegle

Lurker
Jul 23, 2015
Not pipe related but nearly lost my dad to cancer a couple of years ago. After operations and chemo he is in remission and on 6 month check ups. All his life his dream car has been a E-type jag, this weekend he's spent every minute ragging this to bits.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Then God bless him as not many people obtain their dream. Beautiful car, and that in and of itself will more likely than not give him some focus which is the best medicine in itself.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yeah, the XK-E was one of my boyhood dream cars. It's a looker, and a performer too. You have to get the hang of that long hood design in terms of cornering, but the car will do the job, I hear. Good for your pappy. Long may he happily shift in his jag.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
An XKE would be in my top 10 as well. I belong to a local British Car Club, there were four beauties at our club picnic on Saturday evening.
Only slightly less pricey, for me, would be a genuine Lotus 7. A club buddy owns one, so I get rides frequently. I laugh hysterically on every one.
11108195_1128076217208372_2131079520554089035_n.jpg

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Among my Top Ten dream cars would be Cadzilla owned by Billy Gibbons. Resembling the lines of a 1948 Cadillac but all hand built it was among the last of the cars built by Boyd Coddington before his untimely death. You can see the Cadillac influence, old & new. Just beautiful!
hVbJHRd.jpg

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
E-type is one of the most beautiful automobiles ever made.
I always think of it as somehow in the same aesthetic family as the Supermarine Sptifire -- the most beautiful warbird ever built.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Bless you & Dad.

I remember one time in the 70s I wa driving some kind of muscle car on I-95 in S. Fla. & an XKE came along side of me & we went at it, blew my socks off!

Grew a little respect.

Too bad they had that Lucas stuff.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
My dad had that car! Mom secretly had a limiter put on it so he wouldn't kill himself. He never knew but complained endlessly that it was slow and lazy. He got so tired of it he gave it to me when I turned 16 thinking that it was mellow enough for a kid to drive without concern. Except mom told me what she had done years earlier so I had it stripped off first thing. Dad was super pissed when I came home that first weekend with a speeding ticket showing I was going 140. Truth be told, I was going down hill and the tires were actually smoking!
Congrats to your dad, hope it lives up to the dream!

macfeegle

Lurker
Jul 23, 2015
Thanks all for the comments, he's loved hearing of them. Seriously thinking now after the cancer and giving him a high performance motor at a age when his reflexes are shot that sooner or later the only way he will go is if I end up shooting the old bugger, mind you if I keep the 7.62 dry I've got it should still be good in another 30 years ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.