PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
My tired Zippo is about to be retired, I've wanted one of these Japanese unique design bodied Zippo lighters for a decade and always miss what I like, they are all a bit different but I finally nabbed one which will have the insert swapped out for my Vector soft butane flame pipe insert, hey where there's a Dragon there's always fire! ;)

banjo
36969132265_76bd1492cd_o_d.jpg

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I ordered it last night and it's coming from Japan so I won't have it for awhile. Here is the photo they had showing the internals which I'll sway out. The old Zippo is just your average everyday brushed chrome with loose top which wiggle quite a bit.

banjo
36983983115_f61c25b1e2_o_d.jpg

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
My old zippo also had a loose hinge. It's the armor edition, but it seems like the hinge was weaker than the other ones. I sent it into zippo for free repair. I keep one zippo with the pipe insert as a back up, and have 2 regular zippos. But for the zippo I use, I'll never retire it. It will most likely get lost before that.

Jun 27, 2016
Your dragon lighter reminded me of one that I was following on the bay for a while.
This link below has the best collection of pics. I've tried to find out about this lighter in the past, but not much is out there about it, beyond some basic info. I may have read a while ago that there is a second version with a slightly different dragon and a different production limit on it, but I might be confusing that with something else.
https://www.humidor-station.com/p1198/Zippo-Dragon-Limited-Edition-Lighter/product_info.html
I don't know how easy it would be to actually use. I would probably just leave it in the case to try and keep it as mint as possible!
The Japanese custom Zippos are pretty cool, I've checked those out on ebay also, and they seem to be of desirable quality.
I don't use Zippos for piping, but I have a couple, and keep I my eye out for a couple others.
:puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.