Dr. Frankenstein, Er, I Mean Mr. Pease Does it Again - Check Out Resurrection if You Dare

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

kola

Lifer
Apr 1, 2014
Colorado Rockies, Cripple Creek region
I tried that hydration method with a couple of rusty tins. The smell and taste of metal/rust was still in the tobacco. (GLP Renn and Mephisto sadly enough) It ended up in the trash.

And yeah, it was those 2000-2004 tins)

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Inspirational stuff!?
I've had to throw out a few vintage tins in the past, due to internal rust. Never thought of using magnets or even a possibility of the tobacco being salvageable. Well done Mr. Pease! Where there's a will there's a way!

huckleberry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2017
Kentucky
I really Like the article about the rehydration process, as it was very informative. I have occasionally rehydrated tobacco, but never had to deal with rust Though.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I really don't have the patience to revive dead tobaccos but it is a pleasure to read of those who can.
when it's easier to buy something not dusty. And you can just toss the old dead stuff. Plus from my experience rehydrated always tastes sorta flat. There is always something missing. And it's even worse with snuff because they all have secret recipes and rehydrating is how you find out that coriander is great mixed with other stuff but not as the star of the show.

Reactions: indoeuro