PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I was somewhat worried about this as many people say too much dottle residue could give a foul flavour to your pipes when this happens frequently, that is, in the long term.
Your concern in this case isn't the dottle; it's a question of cleaning and resting your pipes properly so they are well dried before your next bowl.

tedrow42

Lurker
Dec 5, 2014
I just came in from a bowl and it was around a third to half the bowl. Granted i usualy have an overly moist mouth for some reason and it bugs me as i just started pipes so i never know how much is left. I relight and get a puff but then goes back out. Problem is if it sits for long after its out i dont like the tast any more. Quite annoying

jorgesoler

Can't Leave
Dec 3, 2014
If it starts gurgling after you relight, or if it goes back out, you probably better off if you just dump it. I have the same problem as you. Most of the times, I really cannot tell how much is left, and it really bugs me.

mainman341

Lurker
Aug 18, 2014
I call it the gravy point..when the last third of the pipe takes off sizzling...

I figure its the last bit of moisture being heated...and Its always a signal to me that

its about done, then pushing it much beyond that point..seems to be a worth less than

the effort it takes to chase the burn all the way down.

..But I do chase it every handful of smokes...to bake the bottom.

One of my estate pipes has a well burnt in to the bottom presumably from the PO bottom smoking..

I always get a kernel out of that one.
Well haha..way to technical..Smoke up! They will make more!. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.