PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured interview on tonight's Pipes Magazine Radio Show is with Donovan Broadway. Last week, Brian called for pipe smokers under the age of 30 that wanted to be interviewed. Donavan is 28, grew up in Nashville and started smoking a pipe during the pandemic. During quarantine, along with his brother they came up with a comic series. The character Donovan created was “an older, wiser gentleman”, so it was decided that he should smoke a pipe. This lead to Donovan’s interest in actually smoking a pipe. At the top of the show, we will continue the virtual tour of Brian’s pipe collection with the Sandblasted Tsuishu Satou pipes. (Tsuishu are very thin multi-colored layers of Japanese lacquer that takes months to produce.)

The show airs every Tuesday at 8:00pm eastern US time, and can be found at PipesMagazine.com and all podcast apps.

Donovan-Broadway.jpg

Sandblasted-Tsuishu-Satou-Pipes.jpg

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Great interview! Love hearing what the younger crowd’s take is on the hobby.

Can’t go wrong with a Nate King pipe!

Now I’m interested in researching those smaller more elegant pipes from the 50s and 60s.

Music was a pleasant surprise, liked it a lot.

Apr 20, 2015
I really enjoyed the show this week (as if I don't always enjoy every one). It was great to listen to the interview from a young pipe smoker and hear his perspective. I have to say I was actually in tears when he quoted what his mother said about what he received from his grandfather and from his father.

As an ordained Christian minister (and a professional singer) leaning toward the more progressive side, I admit I get a little nervous when Christian rock is suggested. However, the music selection was quite nice. With the group being from Seattle in the early 2000's, I would actually categorize the band as Christian Grunge -- at least from this selection.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Opera pipes are what need to come back. Especially ones in the 5” or shorter range. And no, I don’t consider Castello’s 44 to be an opera since they’ve got circular chambers rather than elliptical (at least the modern ones don’t).