PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

artdplmr

Lurker
Nov 21, 2009
Has anyone tried this? the only place I can find it is at medwakh.com. Did you like it? What blend did you try? Do you have to use one of their pipes, or can I use my meerschaum? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Artdplmr

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
It appears that is a different type of tobacco from Middle Eastern origins that has different types of additives. This comes from a different culture and background than the traditional American and European pipe tobaccos and is a different type of experience.
At first, I thought it was a Hookah tobacco, but I see they have special little pipes called a midwakh.
Dokha is an Iranian tobacco mixed with leaves, bark and herbs, generally smoked in a pipe called a midwakh. It is popular in the United Arab Emirates.
Dokha comes in many strengths, flavours and names. The strengths range from "cold" (the mildest) to "extra hot" (the harshest). It can also be flavoured with strawberries, banana, apple, raspberries and a variety of other fruits. Unlike flavoured shisha tobacco, dokha is not flavoured with molasses. The variety providing the strongest "buzz" is referred to as laf raas (translated literally from Arabic: head wrap).
If I was going to try this, I would get one of the pipes made for it and not use it in my American / European origin style pipes. It seems to be a totally different experience and practice.
Let us know what you decide, and what you think of it if you try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.