PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I would no sooner ask forum members to diagnose a tumor than I would ask them to diagnose if a tin of tobacco contains mold.

I'm just getting really tired of all the posts asking total strangers, with no training in mycology, to determine if the snapshot that they posted shows tobacco with toxic mold on it. Let's get this straight: That's not the way that it's done. Unless there's a toadstool growing in your tin, or it's overflowing with fuzziness, nobody here can definitively answer your question. Common sense (and forum rules) dictate that you contact the supplier and/or manufacturer before posting any mold inquiries here.

Please argue with me.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
They don't bother me. Really not against the rules as that rule applies to disliking a product. The mold posts are just asking if what is shown in the photos is mold and not condemning the company that manufactured it. If the topic is not of interest, just pass it by.

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
My only complaint about those threads is they're always some of the worst pics. Like, even someone that studied mycology couldn't say because the pic is taken on bad lighting from halfway across the room, or taken with a camera positioned right up against the stuff that doesn't have macro photo capabilities.

But, maybe there just needs to be one pinned thread keeping all the "is it mold" questions to one thread? Because the threads aren't going to stop. Maybe make it a rule that all mold concerns go only in the one mold thread? It could be like the WAYS thread but for mold.

Status
Not open for further replies.