PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

burleybreath

Lifer
Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
In my youth I discovered that mixing tobacco with alcohol caused nasty headache-y hangovers. I haven't had a hangover in decades, point being that I don't mix the two. Sipping water while smoking is great though. Wish I did it more consistently, instead of usually being too lazy to get up and fetch a glass. I think Jim Inks's "water with bergs" is done for a reason, namely saving the tongue and palate.

Sig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2023
Western NY
I almost never drink anything with a pipe.
I smoke outside and just bring a packed pipe, Bic lighter and my Kindle to talk to you guys.
I do not drink alcohol or coffee anyways, so where is the fun in pairing a drink of water with a pipe tobacco? :)

Reactions: JOHN72

spike

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2009
I enjoy reading the comments and recommendations. And I want to offer my customary reply: I love my beer, and I love my pipe; just not together. Seltzer in the afternoon, tea in the evening.

Aug 1, 2012
I've found that drinking and I don't get along so no for me. A nice ice water, coffee or a seltzer does the trick with a pipe nowadays.

Manawydan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2024
Southern California, US
Oddly, while I always have a tipple when smoking a cigar, I almost never have anything to drink when smoking my pipe. It has become an occasion in itself -- selecting the pipe and tobacco I am in the mood for, filling the bowl, collecting a tamper and lighter, heading out onto the back patio, char light, true light, and then sitting back and being completely in the moment. The subtle flavors choosing to reveal themselves throughout the smoke. And then I come inside and usually have a G&T or IPA or Guinness or something.

Copperhead

Lurker
Jun 4, 2024
Just the pipe for me...I'll drink immediately afterwards, though...

Usually a glass of pepsi or coke....I love the carbonation tongue burn for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.