PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

futureman

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2011
Ohio (Displaced Central Texan)
Scratch that. I think what I picked up was a cube cut by Peter Stokkebye (although it could well be LL's "Special Cube Cut"; can't tell). Smooth and pleasant, but not too exciting. Nice not to have any bite, which is what I was trying to avoid!

cacooper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2009
Parker, CO
Greetings,
Alas, Lane no longer makes a cube-cut Burley. But they did prior to the R.J. Reynolds purchase. And, truth be told, it was one of the finest quality cube-cut Burleys ever produced. 3/16" cube, cool smoking, even burning, nice nutty flavor, great blender. Fantastic! Much better than Stokkebye's.
But sadly, no more. Though I still have about 2 lbs. in my cellar!
I really miss the good old days when Lane had about 30 blends and several different blending tobaccos, including their excellent cube-cut.
CACooper

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
The Stokkebye Cube Cut is a combination of Burley and Virginia, which is why it tastes so much different than other cube cuts.
Russ

futureman

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2011
Ohio (Displaced Central Texan)
I like it. A no-nonsense smoke that may be a bit one- dimensional for some. It is sweet, cool smoke that I will probably use as a condiment with other blends. Smoking it now with some MB's Golden Extra.

Status
Not open for further replies.