Does Anyone Really Smoke With The Stem Like This?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
Ha! I do have a poker with a slight bend that I WISH was straight. I have spun it 180 a few times but even worse. I bet the guy in the pic doesn't even know.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I was hesitant to use it because of that, but just thought the overall photo went well with the theme of the article, which I already posted in the forums, but here is the link for convenience.
Looking in Mirrors
I thought this guy represented what I refer to as the "cool kids in school", who might not really be as cool as some think they are. That's also why I chose the other photo of the guy in the robe.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Reminds me of the morons you see on TV and in the movies who hold a handgun sideways while shooting simply because they think it looks cool.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
I tried to get a patent on side-sights for the urban gun enthusiast but it went nowhere.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
How very interesting….I think the word Idiot! Followed by 'Free permanent holiday in North Korea' sort of springs to mind looking at that picture

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Metarzan wrote:
I tried to get a patent on side-sights for the urban gun enthusiast but it went nowhere.
POSTED 29 MINUTES AGO #
You must be living in Mayberry. The side sight could be sold in mall kiosks around here. Lol.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's attitude. Silly, but attitude nonetheless. I guess if there are really gullible young

women as the audience, it might work, maybe. If some old pipe smoker nearby doesn't

bust a gut laughing. The fedora somewhat adds to the, ah, mystique. I'd be the old geezer

laughing uncontrollably.

nkourilo

Might Stick Around
May 21, 2014
Not only does that look way cool but there's no chance an ember would blow out of the bowl and right into the guys eye....oh wait, that's exactly what happened to a friend of mine.

I suppose there's always a price to pay for being fashion forward. On the. Plus side, you can keep watch to make sure the tobacco is burning evenly in the bowl.

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
Hope he doesn't take up shooting:
backwards.jpg

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Glad someone asked that question as I've often wondered why you would do that and whether I was missing the point. Apparently not! Great English word starting with T and ending in osser.
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.