Do You Really Ever Mention Your Favorites?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

3 Fresh Sam Adebayo Pipes
72 Fresh Peterson Pipes
3 Fresh Davide Iafisco Pipes
12 Fresh Claudio Cavicchi Pipes
48 Fresh AKB Meerschaum Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
Where did you find the image? I've never seen any other pipe blend tin art photos like that, may just go ahead and get it printed for the wall in my little cubby here.

I think I just randomly stumbled across it while googling the blend once. Seattle Pipe Club tin art can be printed on various kinds of posters and many other items on zazzle or Redbubble.

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
If anyone wants to find out my favorites all they have to do is check the What Are You Smoking thread as I smoke my favorites all the time.

Years ago I would sporadically list my collection of flakes and plugs so people could check something out if they so desired. After a couple of years or so I was asked to not list it anymore because everything on the list was getting harder to find.

In 2013 Brigham Klondike Gold came onto the market. The blend was touted to already be 2-3 years old as they had been aging them in the tins. I found about this blend from Peck which meant he probably had 100 plus tins before he told me. I began ordering in 25 tin lots and when I had what I needed I began talking about it as did Peck. People were able to buy it easy enough until it suddenly disappeared from the market. That was a shame and I am not sure why it was pulled. It was blended by R.Will who makes the Solanii brand.

Also back in 2012 I found a blend called John Aylesbury Luxury Flake. I talked about it for a little while then stopped as it became hard to find. It took me a while before I got all I wanted but eventually I had a number I felt comfortable with.

I have always talked about my favorites as I wanted people to enjoy what I was.

I don’t post much about my favorites but definitely guilty of using recommendations from members here for sure. I discovered a long while ago that my tobacco tastes are quite similar to Harris’s. (although I have no issues with red Virginias) I’d be lying if I said I didn’t buy tobacco that he recommended. As a result, I have a plethora of PH Curly Block, JA LF, Wessex Campaign and a few others.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Short of posting a list several dozen blends long, I post all sorts of stuff about what I like. Except pipes I like. I'll talk up a brand or an artist all day long but if I've got my eye on a particular pipe I keep my mouth shut. (Unless it's a pipe I'll never afford.)

Other than a few specific brands and blends (most of which are actually easy to find but at insane prices), I've found the key is to just keep looking around. Someone will have it. Just the other day there was a thread here about how hard GH&C was to come by and then yesterday a bunch of it was posted for sale on here. You just have to be diligent in your searching.

tmcg81

May 8, 2020
NJ
There's a ton of blends that I'd love to try, but I'm also a person with a life and a career, so wasting my time and money trying to chase down things that I might not even like isn't worth it. I have no problem telling people online or in real life what I like, because right now all my favorites are readily available.

I worked in the beer industry for almost 20 years and saw trends come and go, and the lengths people would go to for things they heard were "cool." Small brewers would come out with a ton of new beers that varied wildly when they came to consistency and especially availability. There were plenty of micro brews that I loved, but whether you love or hate Miller, Bud, Coors, Heineken, Corona, they're always available and they're always the same. Tobacco kinda seems the same way to me.

Magpiety

Dec 7, 2019
Kansas City
I share, but only because my favorites aren't all that popular. McConnell Scottish Flake is usually in stock somewhere, F&T Cut VA Plug gets restocked with some regularity, and when Blairgowrie gets restocked at SP it usually stays around for awhile.

I might be a turd and say nothing if my favorites were rare though...

Status
Not open for further replies.