PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
My Vauen has a filter it's the only one and I can live with it.The Savinelli that I may have for Christmas will have the filter chucked.

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
The only filter I use is in my Savinellis and I only use this in wet tobaccos and aromatics. I don't like like metal or paper filters much, but I have not found that they change the flavor very much.

fshu2

Can't Leave
Jan 22, 2011
i remove almost all filters the only ones i will use on occasion is a sav filter just because i think it is a cool concept.

logandow

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2011
Oregon
it's a preference more than anything, but they will also take spending money away that you could use on more tobacco or pipes.

pipegoddess

Lurker
Sep 8, 2011
Wilmington, DE
What pawpaw said ;) if it makes a difference to you that's all that matters... no particular right or wrong when it comes to that. Piping is all about personal experience and expression :) Put ya pipe on and let ya soul flow :)

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
If the pipe is designed for a filter, I use one. If not, I don't. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
ok what is is a stinger?
A stinger is the metal piece that is usually connected to the stem of some older pipes and some new ones at that! Here is an example...
kaywoodie_standard_lovat_90_stinger.JPG

It is said to condense the moisture in the smoke and provide a cooler and drier smoke.... Whether it actually does is still up for debate! Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.