PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankth

Lurker
Sep 11, 2013
Hey Folks, I just receive some Dunhill EMP and Orlik Golden Slice, I smoke 1 or 2 pipes a day, should I Jar these two tin ? I always jar my 1-Q that I bought in bulk so should I with these little and beautiful tins ?

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Heya frankth,
I think that if you're going to smoke a bowl or two a day, and are going to go through the tin within a month of opening, you're probably good to go with leaving that 'baccy in the tin. If you're like me, and won't go through the tobacco that quickly, I think you're better off jarring them. I'm far from a purist though, and know there will be others of differing opinion.
If you're not going to get into the tins right away, and can keep yourself from popping the tin open to look at and smell your new tobacco, then they're good to hold in the tin until you're ready for 'em.
Enjoy!
-- Pat

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
+1 Pat. If you're not going to smoke it don't open it. If you are going to open it then I'd throw it in a mason jar. I jar all my tobacco that I open.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
They said it. I jar everything, because I usually have 15 to 20 blends in active rotation. Got 20 right now.

frankth

Lurker
Sep 11, 2013
Nice, so the Jars it will be. I just can't hold myself to pop an Orlik Golden Slice tin when I receive on, the smell is just so damn amazing.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I prefer to keep all my open tins in their original containers and store them in plastic tubs that have a very good seal. My tins will stay fresh for months. I normally have 20 something tins open at the same time and don't feel like using 20 odd jars and then have to label them, way too much work.
Here is a pic of the containers I use, they are the opaque ones with the white tops.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I know it's bad form, but I love the design of most tins, so I smoke it from the tins. Shhhh. We

have some humidity here, so the leaf gods are forgiving.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
OGS is rather nice smelling ain't it :) I got 5 of those tins when there was a 20% discount.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
I do exactly what Pat does.
I think that this was one of the first pieces of advice that I took from one of your posts, back in my lurking days.
I lurn good.
-- Pat
PS/EDIT - Although I do like the look of Harris' tupperwared tins! I might have to steal that idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.