Love it.
If you ever decide to sell it,

I am a very interested party.
:puffy:
gkCDMNtl.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
...with flake, plug, and rope, you can often get a full-length smoke out of a small pipe, Group 2 or 3, and even a Group 1 if you go slow. So you're not talking about ten minutes. I took an intermission break at a bluegrass festival with a tiny cob and found out my flake wasn't worried about the next set. I made it back to my seat and finished the bowl later.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Speaking of small pipes, Savinelli has a line of "Lolita" small pipes,but Mister I like your little billiard a lot--check with me if you ever want to part.

L

snowyowl

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
This miniature even has a stinger... so it is meant to be smoked, I guess.

May 31, 2012
Mister I like your little billiard a lot--check with me if you ever want to part.
Sparrowhawk,

I don't think that I can ever let that pipe go, it's very special to me and I value it highly,

that is, if the one you're talking about is the monoblock allbriar babybilly upper-right in the bottom photo,

it was made by an active carver, Evan Wiseman, and I'm sure that if you asked real nice he'd make you one too! :)
His pricing is extremely reasonable and he's really down-to-earth and a pleasure to work with.
Here's the thread about that particular pipe:

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/evan-wiseman-and-the-epic-allbriar-pipe
:puffy:

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
I have two small pipes. I love them for going for a walk as they are easy to clench and light as a feather! One is a Peterson Premier System 314 P-lip hallmark is 1971. My wife said it was old and dented. I said no, it is battered and beautiful just like me LOL!! The other is a 1* Ferndown again a wonderful little pipe. Originally I was not super excited about small pipes, but I love them now for walks or working outside, they just cannot be beat! I added a picture of the Ferndown next to my Layton XXL Bent Billiard for size comparison. Happy smokes!!
img_20160210_125440762-600x337.jpg

img_20150106_070032699-600x337.jpg

001-600x337.jpg

damianmonk

Might Stick Around
Aug 26, 2015
0nyPUKt.png

First and only pipe, Big Ben Ranger. I should get something else but I cannot find 'the pipe.' Well, I did find one but it was sold the very next day...
Wish me luck, eh?

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Here are a couple more tiny briars. This billiard is the smallest functional pipe I've seen. A standard sized Xikar lighter used for reference.
sX3XU2Vl.jpg

xAUds0Yl.jpg

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
One night after several scotches I got onto Scottie Piersel's site and saw a nice Dublin. I never looked at the details, just ordered it. When it showed up I looked at it and thought it was a kid's bubble pipe. It turned out to be a great smoker and I get about 45 minutes from it. Still, it looks goofy when I smoke it. Caveat emptor.

The Scottie is the bottom pipe compared to a Mastro de Paja billiard that measures about 5.5 inches.
Vs1oFmE.jpg

samon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2015

My teeny tinny MM cob! :)
Needs a new bottom plug those as the original corn pith has deteriorated. Gonna fashion one from a dowel of some kind soon and start mini smoking when walking to shop or post office that is about 1 minute away. :D

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
All this talk about small pipes made me go out and get one. Now this is a small pipe, of the prince variety, by Brebbia: just over four inches long. This is your fault, guys! No, seriously, I think this prince is one cool pipe.

s-l5004.jpg

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I like Group 3 size pipes for Virginias. I have several - mostly pipe shop house pipes - 3 IRCs, a Cayuga. one from Watkins' Corner, a now defunct downtown Detroit B&M. Also have a little Novak chimney that I use for flakes. It might even be a group 2, but still a 45-60 minute smoke.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
It is only a forum like this that guys would compare how small something is as opposed to how big...

Status
Not open for further replies.