Do you have a signature Pipe shape or style?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Have you ever had one of those pipes that could be your signature series pipe style? You know the one that out of all your pipes you would reach for before any other. The one that if you could have 10 of in the same style the world would be a happy place? What pipe style would that be? Mine is a Canadian Carvers John Calichs Bent Egg 3E shape. Fits my hand, my mouth and my smoking style perfectly!

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
My signature style is lack of a signature style, lol. I envy you for being able to discover a pipe you would want to smoke all the time. I have pipe ADD.

steyrshrek

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
Being new I'd have to say my signature is developing towards bents and starting to move towards bulldogs and Rhodesians. I really enjoy how they feel in the hand and how they look.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome aboard piperl12!
My pipe shape preferences have evolved over the years. Started with half and full bents, then free hands/forms, on to straights. Now, like Rigmedic1, I have no particular shape that I smoke all the time. I generally fit the pipe to the tobacco I want to smoke.

spyder71

Jul 14, 2011
I am currently in a Bulldog phase. Just love the look and the feel, be they bent or straight :puffpipe:

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I have to say out of the styles I have my favorite right now is my semi-bent Dublin. It's a Savinelli 920 Caramella and I love the fact it can be clenched easily and fits perfectly in my hand incase I feel like holding it in between puffs. It's nice and light with a great balance. If you're looking for a good Dublin give Savinelli's 920 a try.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
Full bent. I dont have very meny straights in my collection and in all reality never will.

For me being a clencher and amlost always having a pipe in my mouth even if its not lit it has become a comfort thing.

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
I'm with jaysin. Wish we could "hang" together. My oom pauls are my signature pipes, however I have 31 pipes bent and straight and I do love 'em all. But as a clencher, my signature pipes are the largest oom paul kick ass bowls on the face of this green earth.

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
I have learned so much already think i just found a new home thanks for the warm welcome gents!

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
My favorite overall is a bulldog, not rhodesian though, couldnt say why.
My overall style consists of pipes that look like a mix of very classic shapes in very rustic woodsy fashions, lots of boswells and such like that

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
This....
gbdpenz.jpg

GBD 9438...

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
Most of my pipes are bents, and my favorite is the Oom Paul shape. Lately I have been really lusting after a poker shape though.

whitebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2010
Bents for a broad classification, but it'd have to be bulldogs for an authentic signature, followed by authors--looking at rhodesians to add to the rack, but they really are fraternal twins of bulldogs i think--

Status
Not open for further replies.