PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
It would seem that as we progress in life - and smoking - we develop rituals. Mine are loading three pipes with Carter Hall, smoking them on and off during the day and chewing on (not lighting) a Bandito Black cigar between bowls. Twilight sees a bowl of something outside my comfort zone ( no not THAT) like Cult, followed by a nighttime treat of smoking a good cigar (Gurka, Drew Estates or Black Ops) and a dram of scotch (whatever I can get my hands on.)

My curiosity is rampant , however, does anyone else have these rituals or are set in their ways? If so - enlighten me as to the details if you will.

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
I pack my pipe and fill a glass of water and a smaller cup of a special beverage (Scotch, wine, tequila, tea, soda, etc.) and sit back to enjoy whatever I am smoking. I try to time the drinks to end just as my bowl is ending and be in the house before bedtime. Is that considered a ritual?
Yes it is. Well it doesn't rate up there with...say...sacrificing entire cities to Cthulhu, but still a ritual.

Reactions: milehighpiper

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Highly routinized in how I prep my morning cappuccino, but don't think it hits the level of ritual. Nor does my pipe loading or smoking, at least as I see it.

Reactions: Casual

milehighpiper

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2018
Denver, CO
Ok. So now I want to be part of this ritual club. Saint Peter, tell me what I need to do to step up my sorry routine into a worthy ritual!

Last edited:
Reactions: saintpeter

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I generally throw two midgets into a volcano and after 30 minutes I rappel into the beast to retrieve their ashes.

What do I do with the ashes you ask? I make a little pipe mud to ease breaking my new pipes in.

That's as ritualistic as I get.
Oompa Loompa doopety doo, run like hell before ash gets us too!

u3.jpg

stogie37

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
Are we so barbaric as to forget to use the culturally accepted term; “little people” when referring to who exactly we are throwing into the fiery depths? Tsk Tsk... I expect better in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.