Do You Buy New Pipes To *Not* Smoke Them?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
I found 2 pipes that I've bought and forgotten about. I think I was saving them until I knew what I was doing. They are both BriarWorks Dublins. Now I enjoy Peterson pipes, I just didn't see a reason to smoke them. Maybe when I get bored, I'll give them a try.

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
I once bought a Dunhill for 500$. It was an unsmoked 1964 Shell Briar Bulldog. It was a beautiful pipe. (And, I mainly bought the Dunhill cause I was supposed to buy Dunhill’s...I knew no better at the time.) I waited almost 6 months and then decided to finally cave and smoke it. I’d quickly realized that the pipe smoked no better, and sometimes worse than most of the lesser pipes I’d owned at the time...cobs, baskets, Meers, etc. What I found with the Dunhill and with other higher end pipes is that smoking performance was rarely changed from that of a well broken in basket. For me, it’s mostly about the ?. If I could have a few select Meers and my MMs I’d be fine.☕

Last edited:
Reactions: OzPiper

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I only have one unsmoked pipe out 45 or so. It was a gift, Savinelli Autograph. A gorgeous freehand with big plateau, light natural stain. I’m not sure I’ll smoke it ever. It’s a collector piece In my mind.

Reactions: ofafeather

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
I bought a nice Blowfish with all intentions of smoking it. I did smoke it a couple times but it looks like it’ll so easily char the rim and it is difficult to find a stand to rest it so I just keep passing on it. That and I bought so many pipes this year there are some I haven’t smoked yet. I’m going to sell about half my
Pipes over next month or so. Prob 45 or more. Right now I’m just listing cheaper ones on eBay. But I don’t collect just to collect. TAD is as strong as PAD if not stronger.

Reactions: ofafeather