PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Actually, we are moving at warp speed. If you remember, evolution indicates change in direction towards better or, at least, different organism for better survival rate. What better way to do that than giving ourselves Darwin Award by going straight to massive extinction?

Reactions: pantsBoots

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Our best construction technology today could barely reproduce classical masterpieces such as Puma Punku. Yes, I am aware we are devolving. The transhumanists are pumped about the next 50 years, but not us natural folk. Sometimes though, in borrowing and editing Gene Wilder in Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, "You have to go backwards to go forward. Better press on."

Mar 1, 2014
"Gene Death" is the inevitable end of all complex organisms, humanity can only get worse in every way as time goes on and eventually all animal life will go extinct even without any outside interference.

I'm not sure if we are in the goon or god category, but the human animal is surely the most destructive on the planet, against some pretty powerful competition. I'm hoping we improve enough, in our own self interest, fast enough to save our ongoing species, but things don't look altogether promising.
I am a scientist and have been for a good 38 years and I have often said humanity is the worse thing to happen to this planet. The good thing is... life will go on long after we are gone and nature will repair the damage

Jan 27, 2020
I am a scientist and have been for a good 38 years and I have often said humanity is the worse thing to happen to this planet. The good thing is... life will go on long after we are gone and nature will repair the damage

Yea, "saving the planet" is more about saving the human race. Good riddance!

Reactions: OSOBUCO

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Have you seen the film Idiocracy? As time marches forward I grow increasingly convinced that it was less a comedic work of fiction and more a prophetic telling! ?

View attachment 146026
Yes, and I think of it often these days for all the reasons brought up in this thread.

Have you noticed some of the commercials these days?
Little Cesars stuffed crust pizza comes to mind where there are a bunch of people stuffed into a room eating cheese stuffed pizza... they're all morons!
Or the Uber eats commercial where people attempt to eat non edible items.. just because Uber Eats delivered them...
I've always had a problem with the way commercials try to influence the public ... but this shit just gets dumber and dumber and it appears the public is too!

And while I'm at it, I might add that I believe social media exacerbates the problem because there's no accountability for ones actions... regardless of how idiotic they are.

Reactions: petes03 and Osirus

Osirus

Might Stick Around
May 13, 2022
Nebraska, USA
Have you seen the film Idiocracy? As time marches forward I grow increasingly convinced that it was less a comedic work of fiction and more a prophetic telling! ?

View attachment 146026
I came here to mention this movie! It's always been one of my favorites. You're right, it is much more of a documentary nowadays!

So many great scenes and characters. President Alejando Mountain Dew Commacho, 3-time smack down champion and the President of America! South Carolina whassup!