Do Yellow Acrylic Stems Smoke Cooler Than Black Stems?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
It sure was fun, wasn't it?

Discovered that I had a knack, and went all in for a while. (Then a lovely girl came along, and, well, my interests were re-directed... lol)

Anyway, was captain of a team that won the Greater Phoenix League Chamionship three seasons in a row, won a televised cricket tournament final once, and was a Western States All-Stars team alternate.

And I still have half a shoebox filled with tungsten dart bodies, assorted shafts & flights, and two diamond wire bristle boards in a closet.

Coming up on 40 years ago... (now that's a weird feeling)

It sure was. My experience was very similar, apart from the televised cricket tournament, right down to lovely gal that redirected my interests. Tempus fugit.

lraisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 4, 2011
Granite Falls, Washington state
It sure was fun, wasn't it?

Discovered that I had a knack, and went all in for a while. (Then a lovely girl came along, and, well, my interests were re-directed... lol)

Anyway, was captain of a team that won the Greater Phoenix League Championship three seasons in a row, won a televised cricket tournament final once, and was a Western States All-Stars team alternate.

And I still have half a shoebox filled with tungsten dart bodies, assorted shafts & flights, and two diamond wire bristle boards in a closet.

Coming up on 40 years ago... (now that's a weird feeling)
But did you ever play darts while smoking a pipe? Now that would be cool!

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Which raises a question: Why aren’t water pipes more widely used in the US?

avnxgnhl84101.jpg

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
All I can say is, we smart asses might me proven wrong in the future so I'm not gonna say ya or na to the O.Ps question, but rather leave it to the people in the future to tell me I was dumb for smoking black stem pipes 😆 or a genius for smoking amber stems. Who knows what the future will reveal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike N

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2023
No, no, no….I expected as much.

And while I appreciate the expertise of all the naysayers out there, I’d feel a bit more comfortable with their opinions if they would post photos of all or even a few of the yellow stem acrylic pipes they own and regularly smoke for comparison with their black ebonite stems. I can’t wait to see them.

Mike N

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2023
Reading the Wall Street Journal on a crisp fall morning, while smoking a bowl of Officer’s Club in a Savinelli Miele 111 with its yellow acrylic stem….as the family Doberman looks on approvingly…makes this debate a moot point. But thanks for participating.

(tap on photo to enlarge)

Attachments

• IMG_9695.jpeg
    IMG_9695.jpeg
    182 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: RustiePyles CPG
Status
Not open for further replies.