PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

markus

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
I recently purchased a new Father's Day 2014 Peterson from my local B&M and everytime I smoke it, some stain comes off on my hand. It smokes really good and its a comfortable pipe to hold. It smokes cool and the tobacco tastes pretty good, but the stain problem bothers me. I really want a Dracula Pipe, but I probably won't buy another Pete until they get their quality problems under control. I'm also thinking about emailing a complaint to Peterson.

dude

Might Stick Around
Aug 21, 2015
Minnesota,
My advice is to return it to Mr Palmer in person.
And bounce it off his head.
I am going to do that!

Hell ya!
But in the meantime, I have been smoking very small bowls, maybe 1/4 full just so I could finish them. It is starting to behave.

dude

Might Stick Around
Aug 21, 2015
Minnesota,
I think I owe you an update after a year. This pipe mellowed out and smokes just fine now. In fact, it is one of my favorites, but because I really like the shape, not because of the quality.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I've bought 3 rusticated Kinsales new in the last 4 years and they weren't dip stained. In fact, have never had a dip stained Pete.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Tell you what guys , most each of my brand new lower-end Peterson had some minor flaws in their appearence or craftmanship

now I'm getting sceptical with lower cost Petes,but they do smoke pretty well although broke in period seems to be longer than with any newer med priced Savinelli I had.

Status
Not open for further replies.