PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The experience of bringing home your son is a powerful healing experience. What a joy to you and your wife.

I was a premie, though not so much by today's standards. Remember, he's a little younger than his age-mates, so if there is an option about when to start him in school ( jumping ahead a little here) consider letting him start a year later to gain the size and social skills of his schoolmates. I'm not sure that would have made me president of my high school class, but it might have given a little social edge.

God bless you and your family, and good health to you all.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
My son was born at 26 weeks. Water broke. Doctors said he’ll be born and die. He was less than 2lbs. My wedding ring for over his entire hand. He’d spent 47 days on a ventilator because his lungs weren’t formed and he’d suffered three pneumothorax, one in my presence.

All of this back in the ‘80’s when medical technology isn’t what it is today. Human pin cushion from all of the needle sticks for hourly blood gas evaluation to adjust the vent.

A lifetime of suffering and surgeries.

As intelligent as you and I but trapped in a broken vessel. Spastic quadriplegic cerebral palsy and requires100 percent care for life. He’s He’s my hero. Still in the fight.
My son was born at 28 weeks, my wife's water partially broke while she was at work a few weeks before, they rushed her to hospital and managed to keep him inside for a while longer while giving him various steroids and medications to develop his lungs, which saved him from being on a ventilator when he was born. He had a miniature CPAP/BIPAP machine for a couple months though, had several scary times where he stopped breathing.

He has cerebral palsy also, spastic diplegia, mostly lower body affected, requires assistance for most daily activities. Absolutely brilliant kid though, far smarter than I was at his age.

All the best from me and my son (Owen) to you and your son.

20221231_141622.jpg

augiebd

Lifer
Jul 6, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Glad to hear this good news. I have been praying for your health and your family. I will also pray for your son’s continued recovery. My brother and I were both premature babies (in the early sixties) who needed some extra support before coming home.

Reactions: SBC