PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
Many of you have been praying for, and checking in on, our son Christian, who's been in a NICU a couple hours away from home for the last month, since he was delivered by emergency C-section at 32 weeks. I'm grateful and thrilled to report that he was just discharged, and that we're all finally home safe and sound as of today!

Thank you very, very much to those of you who have prayed and cared! We are grateful for you.

I'm not supposed to be smoking much while doing chemotherapy, but I thought it was appropriate to allow myself a celebratory bowl this afternoon. I'll probably post that to the WAYS thread when I get a chance.

IMG_20230122_192147_500~2.jpg

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
Many of you have been praying for, and checking in on, our son Christian, who's been in a NICU a couple hours away from home for the last month, since he was delivered by emergency C-section at 32 weeks. I'm grateful and thrilled to report that he was just discharged, and that we're all finally home safe and sound as of today!

Thank you very, very much to those of you who have prayed and cared! We are grateful for you.

I'm not supposed to be smoking much while doing chemotherapy, but I thought it was appropriate to allow myself a celebratory bowl this afternoon. I'll probably post that to the WAYS thread when I get a chance.

View attachment 196701
Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

We had a little one in the NICU for 5 weeks at the height of Covid craziness and it was pretty brutal (and the little guy eventually had corrective heart surgery at 5 months), but he’s doing great now and is the joy of our life. Glad your little one is pulling through this like a champ!

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I had not heard this news. SBC, I'm extremely glad to hear your son is doing well.

I think the praise needs to go towards all the healthcare workers who made it possible for Christian to come home healthy. I have many friends in the healthcare workforce, and the long hard hours they are legally "allowed" to work in my mind is insane. It is a career where many feel discredited.

I can't imagine being away from your newborn for that long. I'm sure it will make your bond stronger. Hold him tight, and treasure every moment you have together my friend.

Also, I agree, smoking one or two little bowls won't hurt in this occasion!

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
Praise God from whom all blessings flow!
Praise Him all creatures here below!

We had a little one in the NICU for 5 weeks at the height of Covid craziness and it was pretty brutal (and the little guy eventually had corrective heart surgery at 5 months), but he’s doing great now and is the joy of our life.
I'm thrilled to hear this!

• Love
Reactions: reloader and Zero

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
I had not heard this news. SBC, I'm extremely glad to hear your son is doing well.

I think the praise needs to go towards all the healthcare workers who made it possible for Christian to come home healthy. I have many friends in the healthcare workforce, and the long hard hours they are legally "allowed" to work in my mind is insane. It is a career where many feel discredited.

I can't imagine being away from your newborn for that long. I'm sure it will make your bond stronger. Hold him tight, and treasure every moment you have together my friend.

Also, I agree, smoking one or two little bowls won't hurt in this occasion!
We can never sufficiently express our extreme gratitude to the truly excellent medical staff who helped our son! We let them know at every turn.

Also, sorry for communicating poorly: We haven't been away from him. We've been staying at my parents near Appleton in order to stay near the NICU. So, making it home today was refreshing for all of us!