PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

foursidedtriangle

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 22, 2018
I am going to try out my first GL Pease blend, and by the sounds of it Westminster and Quiet Nights are both something i would enjoy. What is the difference between the two, and which one would you recommend I try first?

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
Both are good.
Quiet Nights is a flake and has a bit of a gasoline smell. Oddly it works though, very good.
Westminster is a ribbon cut, full english, oriental forward.
I would recommend Westminster as your first GLP english blend. I think it's a bit more approachable than Quiet Nights is. I also think, although both are great, Westminster is more of 'an all day' smoke. Quiet Nights is more of a bowl here-and-there smoke.

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
Westminster has a bit more Latakia “punch” in my opinion. I really like orientals, and prefer Westminster and Cairo to Quiet Nights. But you can’t really go very wrong with Pease, so start sampling!

foursidedtriangle

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 22, 2018
Absolutely, what I was looking for is an all day balanced blend and of course I love latakia and flavourfull tobacco the likes of Mix 965 which I am enjoying currently.

cfreud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 1, 2014
I agree with the above — Westminster then Quiet Nights. Take a look at Odyssey as well. All are fantastic.

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
Quiet Nights is more of a bowl here-and-there smoke.

Fully agree! I used to really like this blend and do recommend it wholeheartedly, though I find myself reaching for it less and less. If Im smoking anything with Latakia in it, lately Ive been reaching for Key Largo.

I have only smoked one bowl of Westminster and thought it was great, but it didnt make me rush out and buy a lb.

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
You really can't go wrong with either. They are quite different though. I like both, but find myself smoking Westminster much more often. Maybe because I've smoked that one much longer.

In the evening, very early morning, or when it's cold out and I'm in the mood, Quiet Nights really hits the spot for me. I'll add my vote for Gaslight also - another awesome & unmatched tobacco that I don't often smoke but enjoy greatly when I do.

Also try Blackpoint - very overlooked and amazing tobacco.

foursidedtriangle

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 22, 2018
Thanks, so I ordered a tin of Westminster and another one of Mississippi River which is another one I had recommended as an all day flavourful smoke

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
G.L. Pease is revered by me for Triple Play. My tin of Westminster had the Lat go flat, so I bolstered it with burley and such, a desecration but also a boost for the blend. I liked Sutliff's Westminster, which was somewhat similar, and also reminds people of Dunhill London Mixture. I don't think Sutliff is making that one now, for some reason. I do have tins of Gaslight and Haddo's Delight, sealed but at the ready.

mathoozula

Might Stick Around
Nov 25, 2013
I enjoy Westminster but it is rather Lat-strong and the orientals are very buttery. I enjoy Chelsea Morning from G.L. Pease. Its a good all day blend with enough Latakia to suffice the craving. Its also very good paired with black coffee, as it mentions on the tin label.

I've smoke thru about a 1lb and a half of Chelsea Morning. Very good imo

grimpuffer

Can't Leave
Aug 29, 2016
I like both of those.
Quiet Nights and Westminster are both top tier English blends.
As to which one I would recommend between the two? I have 4 lbs of Westminster and 8 oz of Quiet Nights so that should tell you.

foursidedtriangle

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 22, 2018
So enjoying my first ever pipe full of Quiet Nights, and it is solid. There is this bitter taste of tar not all that unpleasant and I may get into it. First impression is 3.7/5 and tastes different to other stuff I tried so far

Status
Not open for further replies.