Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Dodgers > Oscars
Nevermind! I'd rather watch a bunch of MKUltra'd Borg cavort around a podium than watch a group of overpaid testosterone factories blow a six-run lead in front of several thousand beer-soaked fans who only stay until the 8th inning.

Anyone tried Peter Stokkebye's Luxury Who-Has-The-Energy-To-Even-Give-A-F**k-About-Anything-Anymore Flake? I hear it's pretty good with absinthe.

crawdad

Lifer
Jul 19, 2019
Virginia
Nevermind! I'd rather watch a bunch of MKUltra'd Borg cavort around a podium than watch a group of overpaid testosterone factories blow a six-run lead in front of several thousand beer-soaked fans who only stay until the 8th inning.

Anyone tried Peter Stokkebye's Luxury Who-Has-The-Energy-To-Even-Give-A-F**k-About-Anything-Anymore Flake? I hear it's pretty good with absinthe.
Ooo...I smell a Dodgers fan.

But c’mon. The Braves dropped a doubleheader but we got to see Mad Bum pitch a scoreless 7 innings.

Reactions: Servant King

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Wow, I didn't expect the explosion of negativity about the Oscars on here. Oh wait, yes I did.

;)

I was completely surprised when My wife turned to me as she was looking at her ipod tonight at the news. I didn't hear it advertised, see it advertised, or read about it anywhere. Usually the promotions for it are over the top.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Organizations of every and all kinds confer awards -- from real estate to farm beautification and far beyond -- but they have the good judgement to keep it to themselves, in the family. I'm not sure why the Oscars is so offensive (and that's about it) to the viewing public, but they are even worse than they need to be. I did like "Ma Rainey's Black Bottom," "The Chicago Seven," and "The Father." And I'd very much like to see "The Octopus," so I guess it is mission accomplished by the film industry. I stand corrected on my surmise that jesse votes in the Oscar competition; he votes in the Emmy's, but what a good wild guess. If I had a horse track to go to, I'd go this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.